To provide independent and advisory appraisals on internal control systems used by the Council. The Internal Auditor will also be responsible for the management of the internal audit function that examines accounting systems, internal controls, risk management and governance processes at the Council.
The successful candidate will be required to:
• Review and revise the Council’s audit policies and procedures in accordance with auditing standards.
• Represent the organization at meetings, conferences and other functions as directed.
• Provide consulting services (guidance and advice) to management on internal audit matters.
• Prepare and compile quarterly reports on activities undertaken
• Follow up on Management Response to audit reports, to
ensure that deficiencies identified are corrected, improved and procedures are implemented.
• Liaise with External Auditors where appropriate
• Key deliverables are produced within agreed timeframes to required standards.
• Risk assessment is conducted in accordance with auditing standards and the Council’s policy.
• A team approach is adopted with senior management in resolving issues of internal controls
• Audit reports are comprehensive and submitted within established timeframes.
• Excellent knowledge of auditing standards, procedures and techniques including value for money audits.
• Excellent knowledge of the Nurses & Midwives Act, laws, policies, procedures, rules and regulations governing the Council’s operations.
• Excellent knowledge of the fundamentals of accounting, finance, commercial law and taxation.
• Excellent knowledge of the Financial Administration and Audit Act, Public Bodies Management and Accountability Act, Public Service Regulations, Staff Orders and other regulations and procedures governing the Public Sector.
• Proficiency in the use of relevant computer applications.