Agro-Investment Corporation, the Agricultural Investment Facilitation entity of the Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation, invites suitable qualified persons to fill the post.
Reporting to the Director of Agro Park Development, the Cluster Coordinator is responsible for providing Cluster development services which will enhance the development of the Argo-Parks. The incumbent is also responsible for organizing and strengthening the Farmer Groups operating within a cluster arrangements and certified production systems.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Undertake value chain assessment and implement strategies to address
constraints. Plan, develop and execute a crop scheduling plans towards meeting market contract agreements.
• Facilitate linkages between farmers, input suppliers and markets.
• Establish Service Providers Input Suppliers database.
• Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
• Develop and execute Foods Safety Training Programme geared towards
Agro Park achieving GlobalGap certification.
• Co-ordinate the implementation of training programmes to attain
agreed targets within the Agro Parks.
• Coordinate the assessment of infrastructure requirements necessary for GlobalGAP certification.
• Guide farmers in the best use of their resources through investigation
and diagnosis of problems identified by them through extension support.
• Facilitate value chain development and value addition of commodities and by-products.
• Deliver innovative and relevant agricultural production communication and extension programs.
• Link farmers with funding agencies, agents resource organizations and projects.
• Actively participates in agricultural shows and exhibitions highlighting new technology and techniques.
• Monitors all aspects of agricultural activities within the Agro Parks and
provide update to the Director of Agro Parks Development.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
• Excellent planning, negotiating and organizational skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
• Good knowledge of agricultural finance and marketing arrangements.
• Sound knowledge of Rural Development and the Jamaican Agricultural
• Sound knowledge of relevant computer applications including Microsoft
Office and research and statistical software.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. We thank all applicants for their interest in the Agro-Investment Corporation, but regret to advise that only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged and contacted.